Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Neverending Quilt


About three years ago, actually it's probably more but who's counting, I started this quilt, it is a lovely pattern by McKenna Ryan. I had great visions of it hanging on my wall by Christmas to be "ooo'd" and "aaa'd"over by all who came to visit. Well as you can see by the photo, it is not quite ready for the "ooing" and "aaing" yet. It feels like it will never be finished, there were so many teeny tiny pieces that at times it was a little overwhelming. If any of you have made this lovely quilt, and completed it, you deserve an award of some sort. Occasionally when I am in the quilting mood a little more gets finished, I figure if I keep plodding on, it will get finished in time for Christmas.....I'm just not sure which one!

Having this quilt go unfinished for so long made me wonder how many things do we start and never finish, if we laid them end to end, how many times would they circle the earth.....I know, I know, it's a strange thought I'm having, maybe it's because I've got to much time on my hands today. Wow, maybe I could do some more work on my quilt....well maybe not, I had planned to bake, then there is the sweater I'm knitting, and I almost forgot I was planning to do some gardening.....

8 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I think we all have a project like that!! I love the quilt - the applique looks stunning - hope it will be ready for this Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Come on Kathy ! It's nearly finished ! I'm sure you will hear your [aaa] and [ooo] this coming christmas ! What a wondeful job you did :)))

Have a lovely Quilt Day Today :)))

Terri Fisher said...

What a beautiful quilt! When you do complete it (and you will!) what a sense of satisfaction you will have--and a stunning conversation piece, too! I'm looking forward to seeing that sweater, too!

driftwood said...

it looks lovely! hope it's finished one day soon!

annemarie said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful - I can only imagine the amount of hours it must take to make something like that. You amaze me - add quilting to your amazing list of talents!!

Gigibird said...

I have so many things started and never finished for a great number of reasons....
The thing about Christmas themed things is I only feel like doing them at Christmas!
Don't beat yourself up....just do it when you fancy it....one day it will be done.

Dyan said...

Ahhhh, I know what you mean, sometimes you start something and stop and soon you have a little pile of starts and stops somewhere.Maybe the starts and stops are all apart of the process, you know...who knows - there I am rambling too.
Dy

Bethany said...

OH, you describe me so well!!! I do have lots of projects going at once! And that knit cupcake? I wanted to include it with my sister's birthday present, but I haven't had any time to do it yet! Summer is just such a busy time of year! Maybe you can finish your quilt this fall when the weather is cooler and you feel like snuggling on the sofa!