Friday, March 13, 2009
Nature walk and loose ends.
We had a wonderful walk on Wednesday, although it was bitterly cold and we didn't stay out as long as usual we still managed to get some wonderful photos. Sitting sunning himself on a rock was this Painted Turtle. He was still there a couple of hours later when we passed by him on our way home. I guess the sun must have felt good. Not too far along the path was this bird. It is a Bittern. Hubby snapped his pic just as he had caught a small fish for dinner. I just love his green legs. This is the first time I have seen a Bittern in the wild, how wonderfully camouflaged he was and how lucky were we to see him. An interesting fact about this bird, when he gets frightened he stands straight up, elongating his neck and sways back and forth resembling blowing grass so as not to be noticed, pretty clever I think. Next on our walk was this little duck and his mates, these are Northern Pintails. We only stood for the shortest time taking this picture as the wind was whipping across the lake and was so cold that it almost hurt your face as it blew.The last photo of the day is this Red Tailed Hawk, although it isn't the greatest pic it wasn't until we returned home and viewed the pic's that we realized he had dinner in his talons, if you click on the photo to enlarge it you should just be able to make it out.
Once again it was another wonderful walk and I marvel at how lucky we are to be able to see all these wonderful creatures.
For quite some time now I have been talking to hubby about opening up an Etsy shop offering his wonderful photography, well I am pleased to say that his shop is now open. TPC Photography went live yesterday offering six different photos made into cards with more prints to come suitable for framing, so pop on over and take a look.
As it is the end of the week I am finally responding to the two awards that I received from Bettina and Sue, apologies to both for taking so long.
First Bettina, I hope I am understanding correctly but I think I have to say 8 things that I wish for or dream about and then pass this along to whom I wish.
1. Peace in the world.
2. Politeness to others.(there is not enough of that these days).
3. More hours to craft and sew during the day. (how lovely that would be).
4. A free "all you can stuff into one bag day" at the sewing store! (a girl can dream can't she???)
5. 75 degree weather year round. (Oh heavenly).
6. That I can eat all the chocolate I want and never gain an ounce. (Double heavenly).
7. Everything I make will turn out perfectly and I can get rid of my misfit box!
8. That I will be able to come up with interesting blog posts so as not to bore you all!
Now Sue who graciously gave me a Sisterhood Award.
The rules are:
1. Nominate women who show great attitude.
2. Link to them.
3. Leave them a comment so they pick up their award.
Here are the women I nominate:
1. Bethany at Red Yarn. Bethany will soon be opening up her very own gallery and I couldn't be more proud of her.
2. Layla at The LadyBlog. Even if she wasn't my daughter I couldn't be more proud of the wonderful productive women that she has become, she amazes me every day.
3. Lisa at Handmade in Israel. Lisa makes the most wonderful cards and always seems to come up with new ideas for them, they are so unique.
So there you are ladies. Now all you have to do if you wish is pass these lovely awards along.
Well I have finally come to the end of this loooong post, thanks for hanging in there with me.
Have a wonderful weekend one and all!