Tuesday, February 1, 2011

No Snow Here!

I almost feel a little mean doing this post today. With a good deal of the country battling snow and ice here I am showing you how incredible lovely it was here. The sun was shining brilliantly and the sky was as blue as could be. Although it was pretty cold I took my afternoon tea out on the front porch and soaked up some Vitamin D.Right there, the chair on the left is where I sat. I had actually thought about bringing out some knitting or crocheting but I did have to keep reminding myself that it was February.The Flowering Plum Tree in the front garden is already full of buds.The only plants that are blooming at this time of year are the heathers. This one is in need of a trim after it has finished blooming. Must add that to my to do list.Through the gate and into the back garden I went. I was very surprised to see that the Daylilies had already popped through the ground. The temperature difference from the front to the back is quite amazing. Sometimes it can be almost 8 to 10 degrees cooler back here. It does make it nice in summer though when it can be blisteringly hot on the front porch.My Flowering Currant Bush is also full of buds. This is one of the first plants to bloom in Spring. The returning Hummingbirds are all over it once the flowers come out.Last stop in the garden... my little bench. Looking a bit sad without the Honeysuckle vine in bloom. But watch out in a few months, it will be buzzing with Hummingbirds and Bees.... and of course I'll be sitting there sipping tea and sewing something or other.

So I hope that my little garden tour has brightened up your day if you are dealing with lots of snow and ice. Just remember it won't last forever.

See you soon.

10 comments:

Sue said...

Don't feel guilty. We come to you to reassure us that spring will eventually be here.

I must get a currant bush. Do you know what it's botanical name is?
Sue

The sewing room said...

Oh lucky you some lovely sunshine,we have had some sun.Iwould love a porch to sit on and get some rays with a nice cup of tea.l do have a small type porch. on my sewing house but will have to wait for summer.

Hugs Pat.

annemarie said...

Would you believe we have freezing temps here in Texas and snow in the forecast!! Crazy weather - who would think Texas would have snow in February.

driftwood said...

oh how I love your porch! enjoy your sun xxx

Terri Fisher said...

Thanks for the reminder that spring will eventually come! Should be here sooner rather than later, according to our groundhog here in PA! :)

hetty said...

No need to feel quilty! I love your springy things. And that chair looks so inviting! Your blog gives me hope! If I didn't have it to look at I'd think that spring will never come.

Handmade in Israel said...

Absolutely delightful. No snow here either so your post only makes me happy not envious :)
Thanks for your nice words on my blog.

Bethany said...

I'm not sure I want to see how warm it is there! But really, isn't it exciting to see all the buds and know everything will be bursting in a couple months? I have to keep telling myself it's only the beginning of February so we have a while to go!

Ally Jay said...

It's always so nice to see the sun again after a cold winter. Enjoy the warmth.

Anonymous said...

I love your front porch! I wish you a sunny weekend! xo