Sunday, January 25, 2009

Something different and a celebration!

Saturday was my 36th Wedding Anniversary, my goodness how time flies when you are having fun, it only seems like the blink of an eye and not a whole 36 years.

Aren't the flowers above just wonderful, my lovely sister-in-law brought them all the way back from Hawaii for us to celebrate, how lucky are we, and if that wasn't enough........these wonderful tulips were a gift from my mother-in-law, now I really am thinking Spring.I stepped away from the knitting and sewing this weekend and did something completely different, I ventured into some card making, I must say I had heaps of fun, I thought I would make some Easter cards...here is a few of them, made from reproduction vintage cards.I even made a few gift tags,and a few more,all in all it was a lovely weekend, I think it is good now and then to do something completely different, you never know you just might find something that you really love!

Have a wonderful Monday!


.

17 comments:

Terri Fisher said...

Happy Anniversary! Thirty-six years is quite remarkable anymore. Here's to many, many more! I love the cards...that's something I CAN do (not the sewing!) and your cards are really beautiful. I love the antique look of them. Have a great week!

Sheila said...

Congratulation 36 years that should be award winning. How lucky for the two of you to find someone to spend that time with. I love the card but I think the tags are my favorite. You have a great week too.

Esther said...

Congratulations on 36 years of marriage - such a lovely thing to hear these days, especially when divorce is so abundant. We've been married almost 4 years so have a few to catch up! saying that, we have been together almost 12. Love the cards and the little tags and the flowers are beautiful. my sister loves the tropical kind too.

driftwood said...

happy anniversary! it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow, 13 years, so we're a bit behind.....

beautiful flowers!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Your flowers, cards and tags are so beautiful, Kathy.

annemarie said...

Happy Anniversary Kathy - I have you beat - 38 years! Your cards are lovely - I have never tried card making. Tulips are my all-time favorite flowers. Have a great week.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Best wishes on your anniversary!! Love your Easter cards - you will be so organised.

Anonymous said...

Happy Wedding's Anniversary !!! But tell me, You are already working on Easter :) 36 years this year ! and what about Valentine ? Valentine's cards and tags...
Lovely cards and tags :) I adore Easter :) I love Spring :) the birth of my little girl... :)
Have a great monday :) xo

wonderwoman said...

happy anniversary! i love your cards, they are so lovely.

xx

Sue said...

What lovely flowers. Congratulations on your anniversary.

I love the cards, especially the one with the violets.

Bettina said...

Oh,Kathy:Happy anniversary!!!!Very,very happy!!!The cards so wonderful!and the flowers so lovelyyyyyy!!!:0)

Twiggy said...

My goodness, many, many congratulations. Lovely makes.
Twiggy x

Handmade in Israel said...

Happy anniversary! We celebrated ten years this year.
Lovely cards - my favourite are the tags. I'll be coming to you for ideas soon :)

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary - lovely cards , ;ooks like you can turn your hand to anything you crafty lady :-)
lisa x

hetty said...

Happy Anniversary! Your cards are beautiful. I love the tags too!

Raggy Rat said...

off to the post office this morning
please pop by and let me know when a package lands ... i bet you would love a decent cup of tea again !

Louise said...

I hope I am not too late in wishing you congratulations on your wedding anniversary, beautiful flowers. The Easter cards are lovely, a really good idea to reproduce them from vintage ones. x