Thursday, June 11, 2009

In full bloom

Everything in my garden is just about in full bloom right now. This is my Japanese Snowbell tree. Around our small pond we have three of them and they smell just incredibly wonderful. The bee"s just adore them and they were buzzing all around me as I took this picture. All the rose bushes are blooming too...... it is just wonderful sitting in the garden when a gentle breeze is blowing.... there are lovely fragrant perfume scents coming from every direction. It hasn't all been leisure time around here though. My daughter needed some coconut lime soap for her Etsy shop. Poor hubby thought I had been baking. Glad I stopped him before he tried a bar! I have been waiting for this knitting pattern book to arrive for a while and it came today. The patterns in it are just so beautiful, my daughter already has her eye on ...... this one. I am afraid she will just have to wait a while though. As you all know I already still have two that I'm working on. Of course it wouldn't hurt just to go and look at the yarn store just to see if they have the yarn for these patterns, would it? Well maybe not!

12 comments:

trash said...

oh! Oh! Lime and coconut soap!! I can't find a link for the shop but would lurve to get some of that!

Terri Fisher said...

Your garden is so beautiful, Kathy! I wish I had a little bit of your green thumb! The soap sounds wonderful! I'll have to check it out!

Sue said...

How I'd love to sit in your garden and have tea. Our flowers are very late this year.

Layla said...

Since when are there only two knitting projects going on at once in your house? I *know* you can handle three ...

The soap is truly fantastic and listed over at http://layla.etsy.com.

xoxoxo
Layla

Anonymous said...

I love japanese trees !!! Your Japanese Snowbell tree is just marvellous ! I did'nt know that one ! I will have a look for it ! I want to plant one in my garden, the flowers are so beautiful and if the smell is wonderful, it does interest me very much :) Thank you for sharing :)))
The soaps look amazing, so fresh and beautiful !!! Coconut lime, it does have a lovely smell !!! I love the yellow jacket ! Have a very nice weekend :) Hugs

Handmade in Israel said...

I agree with your daughter... I am sure you can handme three knitting patterns on the go :) That soap looks yummy - if a little bright! Glad your hubbie didn't eat it!!!

annemarie said...

Your roses are beautiful - looks like a page from Better Homes and Gardens. Hope you have a lovely weekend and find time to squeeze in a third knitting project!!

hetty said...

Love your Japanese Snowbells. Which zone are you in? I have never seen them around here, so I think we might be colder than where you are. Love your roses and love the soap. It really does look good enough to eat! And what's wrong with three projects! I agree with your daughter, I also "know" you can do it!

Twiggy said...

Beautiful garden pics!!
twiggy x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I am not familiar with that knitting book but the images are amazing! No wonder you are inspired.

Unknown said...

ha ha - sorry I would have been evil and let my husband bite into a soap bar ;-) I rather like the Ellies with the fig leaves .... can't they stay like that? xx

Jenny said...

I can see why your hubby thought that they were a sweet treat! They look fabulous. Layla's a lucky girl to have a mother like you! Your pictures of warmth make me meloncholy for times when life is less intense. Winter is so time consuming!