Monday, October 12, 2009

Bucket Crazy!

First on the agenda today is a very big thank you for all your get well wishes. I am still coughing and spluttering but I am hanging in there.

I just love these buckets! I found the pattern to make these on Etsy last week and have been making them ever since. They remind me of Jenn's little taskets only much bigger. This one has become my new knitting bucket. It is so handy to take along in the car when we are going on a trip as it stands perfectly on the floor without falling over.
This one I made from a colorful cherry motif tea towel. I was thinking when I was sewing this one that it would make a lovely gift to a new neighbor welcoming them to the neighborhood. It could be filled with all the fixings for a cherry pie, including the pie pan. Who wouldn't like that! My last bucket will be used in my bathroom to hold my brushes and combs. But right now it makes the perfect place for a little elephant playing hide and seek!

The possibilities are endless. The other nice thing is if they get a little grubby you can just toss them in the washing machine. Yes I sure do love my little buckets!

11 comments:

Ally Jay said...

They are just adorable. So useful and so pretty

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sweet buckets - I love your idea for the Cherry one. It would be a grat way to package up some Christmas hampers.

annemarie said...

Love your buckets - the one with the yo yo flowers is to die for!! I love anything with yo yo's - adds that special something to any project. I am glad you on feeling better.

Sue said...

Very cute little buckets. I like your cherry pie idea. I could see that for all sorts of gift situations instead of using baskets.

Glad you're feeling better.

Handmade in Israel said...

Lovely buckets! The idea of making the cherry one a gift package is great! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I always appreciate you stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Your sweet little elephant is so cute in his new bucket !!! I love them all ! Very nice and very useful !!! Take care :) Hugs xo

wonderwoman said...

they are lovely - can you tell me where on etsy you can find the pattern?

x

urban craft said...

I love these buckets. Once I get organized enough to make a bucket to help me organize my stuff, it is on!

LizzieJane said...

Be forwarned they get very addictive to make, but oh so much fun!

tamara said...

Love these buckets! Like WonderWoman, I am wondering where on Etsy you found these, and would you be willing to share that info? I'm a noob in the realm of sewing, and these look like a fairly simple project to start with...thanks

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Truly yours
Alice Tudes