Friday, October 2, 2009

Enjoying Autumn

My little bench taking on the the colors of Autumn. It is so tempting to go out and sit for a bit, but I think it is just a bit to cool. Still never mind I can look at it from my kitchen window and still enjoy it. Even soap making has taken on the colors of Autumn. Warm Rum Nut Cake. Doesn't it make you want to go into the kitchen and whip up a real one. The smell of this one makes me want to bake a real one and eat the whole thing. I guess aromatherapy really does work. Some of the fragrances make me very relaxed and sleepy, and some make me very hungry!

Well that's it for the week. Enjoy your lovely Fall weekend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors in your garden ! lovely light ! Tell us the truth :) I'm sure those soaps are edible :) They look wonderful and they smell wonderfully. I'm having right now a cup of tea, i would'nt mind a piece of Rum Nat Cake :) Gorgeous soaps ! Have a very lovely weekend :) Hugs xo

Gigibird said...

Garden looking wonderful.
Isn't Sam the most lovely kitty.
If I lived any closer I think I might steal him!

driftwood said...

your bench looks so lovely I think I'd be tempted to go out there - with a huge bundle of blankets xxx

Sue said...

That soap looks like a bar of fudge. Now I'm getting hungry, too.

Our colors haven't changed yet. You're way ahead of us.

Have a great weekend. We're off to the hardware store to start another project.

hetty said...

Warm rum nut cake? I'll have a coffee to go with that please! Your garden looks lovely! I would go out there and wrap myself in a nice warm quilt and enjoy the colours!

Terri Fisher said...

That soap sounds good enough to eat! And your little sitting spot is so beautiful in autumn, too!

Louise said...

Make a hot drink, don your fleece and get out on that bench! What a lovely area to sit in, and at this time of year the planting looks a picture. It's a great idea to use the colours and scents of the season in your soaps. x

Twiggy said...

Beautiful Autumn photos !!
Twiggy x

Ally Jay said...

Love the photo. Made me hungry just looking at it.

periwinkle said...

mmmm I can smell it from here -- is it your daughter that sells the soaps - if so you should put a link to her shop on your sidebar