Thursday, August 7, 2008

Archie!

I wasn't much into sewing today, but I did finish little Archie in his new yellow sweater and plaid pants. I really have enjoyed knitting these little sweaters, it is fun to experiment with different patterns and yarn. Hopefully next week I will make some more little somebodies to fit into those other little sweaters!Another lovely cake from my wonderful mother-in-law, this one is a hazelnut cake, and very delicious too I might add!Our kitty Mitzi getting a drink from her favorite place, the faucet in the bathtub! It doesn't matter how many dishes of water we put down for her she always prefers drinking from the faucet.And of course I couldn't end my week once again without another photo of one of our little hummingbirds, I so love these little guys that I will be sorry to see them leave when summer is over.

Well that's it for this week, have a lovely weekend one and all!

10 comments:

Barbara Brown said...

did your mother in law make that cake? it looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Oh, i love this blog!!! Archie is a cutie!!! mmmmm on the cake!!! the cat pic is precious!! and lastly, love, love, love all your in action hummingbird pics!!! :)
have a great weekend.....

Louise said...

Archie looks so dapper in his sweater, I love the name Archie. Lucky you to receive that lovely cake, not much left now I wonder. Kitty Mitzi is so very sweet, who wouldn't want fresh water on tap! Another lovely photo of the hummingbird, I can understand you will miss them once they leave. I have a tag for you to play along to on my blog, but only if you want to, no pressure whatsoever. x

Anonymous said...

How sweet is Archie ! Very very lovely ! What a gorgeous hazelnut cake ! It's make me hungry ! Did she cook it ? In any case, you have a wonderful mother-in-law !
This photo of your hummingbird is so beautiful ! I love it !
Have a very lovely weekend Kathy :)))

Bethany said...

I have a crush on Archie!! I think my BethanyJane would too! And that cake... YUM!!! That's got to be one of my favorite flavors: chocolate and hazelnut! I had a cat who used to love the bathtub faucet too!! Boy, do I miss having a cat. I try to carry Ellie around but she is more like an elephant!!! She's too big! And wiggly! I like cuddling with the kitties!! Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!!!

Bettina said...

Please,give me a piece a cake!!Ilove your cat!Lovely and so intelligent!Archie is so especial but please do more mouse ballerina :)!!Have a lovely,beautiful,genial,unico weekend!!!

Country Cottage Chic said...

Archie is so cute - he looks like he should be friends with Rupert the bear!

Terri Fisher said...

Archie is so handsome! I can't wait to see what other little ones get dressed in their sweaters! Have you ever created Asian inspired attire? Just curious... Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Our cat licks the water off the floor of the shower (can't believe I just told the world that!)...I can always tell when she has been there because of the little wet cat prints walking away from the shower! Jen

Ally Jay said...

Archie looks absolutely dashing. I love the yellow sweater. Very smart. Peri likes to drink from the tap in the bath too. Strange. He hates it when he falls into the bath and gets wet though. Those hummingbirds are quite special.