Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Goodies for me!


It was dreary, grey and nasty today and I was missing my daily walk, in fact I wasn't in too good of a mood when lo and behold the mailman brought me some goodies. My sweet daughter sent me these lovely new soaps from her Etsy Shop to try out and they come in the most delicious fragrances, Red Tea, Oatmeal Milk and Honey, Lemon Verbena and Creamy Buttermilk. So tonight I am going to have a wonderful soak in the tub and try one of these lovelies.
Also in the box was this wonderful little bar, it is actually called a bubble bar and it has the most wonderful lavender fragrance. Thank goodness she has instructions for use as I would have put the whole thing in the tub and would have had bubbles all over the bathroom. Apparently you break it into three or four pieces and just use one piece, the bubbles last forever she tells me so I will have a go and report back how it went.
I haven't done to much sewing this week other than these little linen pouches, and I don't think I will get a great deal done this weekend as we have company coming, but maybe I can squeeze a few projects in.

Well I am hoping that our weather will dry up for the weekend so I can resume my walking and hubby can resume his picture taking.

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Sue said...

What a lovely and fragrant gift. Let me know how the bubble bar works.

Have fun with your company than get back to those cute animals.

Louise said...

The fragrance of Lemon Verbena is my all time favourite. Lovely soaps and natty pouches. x

Anonymous said...

Lovely soaps and that bubble bar sounds great !!! I love Lavender fragrance too ! Your linen pouches are very sweet ! xo

Bettina said...

Hi,Kathy:Ihave an award for you on my blog.You must say 8 dreams related blog and give the award an another 8 friens.Besos

annemarie said...

Oh what lovely soap - I know where your daughter's talent comes from. Hope you have a great weekend - maybe the sun will shine!

Esther said...

the soaps look beautiful - I wish I could smell them!

hetty said...

What a lovely gift from a wonderfully thoughtful daughter! I can almost smell the lavender bubble bar! I love lavender! Your little linen pouches are very cute. Have a nice weekend!

Layla said...

Have you had a bubble bar bath yet?? Let me know what you think - I can't keep the bubble bars in stock! Next up, I'm doing a *rose* one!

I *love* your little pouches!

Love you,
Layla

Redwoodhouse said...

Love Stanley and Millie they are cute.
The soap looks good enough to eat, hope you enjoy your visitors, sometimes I am guilty of 'I just can't be bothered to entertain' but I do anyway....
Jan

Twiggy said...

Soap looks lovely wish is was smelly vision. love the little pouches, so cute. Hope your weather picks up
Twiggy x
PS I'm having a little blogversary giveaway on my blog Kathy.

iSew said...

ooooohhh, I need a new soap shop. My favorite one closed. I'll check out your daughter's shop when I get ready to order my next bar. Thanks for the tip!

wonderwoman said...

what lovely soaps -lemon is one of my favorites - and i love your little pouches they are so cute.

x