Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snowing again!


Well as you can see it snowed here again today, I was so hoping that we had seen the last of it but I guess Old Man winter is not done with us yet!
To cheer myself up I went off to the store where there was some more lovely Spring flowers... ...but all it did was make me want to get out in the garden and plant some!

This lovely little bird has been coming into our garden for a few days, I believe it is a warbler, if you click on the pic it will get bigger and you can see how really lovely he is. I hope he sticks around and calls our garden home.

I really don't have much to show on the crafting front, I have made a couple of felt brooches and will again soon get back into making some little animals once I get some loose ends tied up.

Well this is going to be a short blogging week for me so I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day, ours will be yummy as my mother-in-law has invited us to dinner, hmmm, I wonder what we will be having!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely garden under the snow :) You might have to wait a little to plant those Spring flowers... but Spring will arrive :) You made a lovely felt brooche !
A wonderful Valentines day to you dear Kathy :) xoxo

Sue said...

That is a very pretty little bird. I've never seen one like that.

I see you also have some spring fever.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a sweet brooch! The seed beads just finish it off.

annemarie said...

What a lovely winter wonderland - easy for me to say when we had 70 degree weather today! Your brooch is beautiful - I love the color. Hope you have a great Valentine's weekend.

Sheila said...

Kathy that is one cute little bird. I've been a bird watcher for years and he is one I don't remember seeing. Yeah, we go snow again too. I'm getting a little tired of it. I love the flower I'm ready for spring too.

Gigibird said...

Love the little birdie. He looks hungry.
I love snow - to look at anyway.....

Anonymous said...

Kathy....What a sweet little birdie!!! probably thinking what there is to eat?!?! sorry about your snow. spring will be here soon enough. love all you projects you have been making....very springy indeed!!! have a great weekend.... ;)

Terri Fisher said...

Oh, I hope that storm doesn't come our way any time soon! Our snow has finally melted and besides some really high winds today, the weather has been MUCH warmer. I hope spring is on the way, but who knows?! Happy Valentine's Day!

Jenny said...

So much lovliness in the post Kathy! Have a nice little break.

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy - I have missed so much on your blog! I can not believe that huge pile of embroidery thread you scored for $23 - utter bargain!

Louise said...

That bird is rather cute, I clicked on the pic but don't recognise him/her! Spring really is great for bedding plants, I always treat myself to violas. Have a great Valentines with your family. x

hetty said...

Those pansies make me want to run outside and plant something too! When bedding plants arrive at the stores, you know spring has got to be right around the corner! Your little bird is very cute! He/she (I think it is a she) looks cold. She is all puffed up to hold as much warmth as possible. I am not very familiar with the birds of the west coast, but my guess would be an Audubon's or Myrtle warbler.

Bettina said...

So cool the snow.!!!Ilike very much.Happy San valentine day!!!!!

Twiggy said...

Nice snowy pics !!!
Twiggy x

Karin said...

I love the brooch! Happy Valentines!