Thursday, September 17, 2009

Knitting, Soapmaking and soon some Sewing

I am feeling quite pleased with my old self this week. I am going full speed ahead with quite a few projects. I have already started on some small Christmas gifts....I know, I know, who wants to think about Christmas while you are still trying to hold on to summer. I have been knitting these little neck warmers for myself and family. They knit up so quickly and take very little yarn. It really is a great way to use up all those odd balls of yarn that I know we all have lying around. Buy of course that wasn't enough for me, I had to make a trip to the yarn store and pick up just a few more balls of this seasons wonderful new yarn. So I guess my yarn stash will be forever...huge! I also picked up this wonderful book which I am sure some of you have already. It is chock full of lovely ideas and sewing projects. These little birds look like such a fun project. Or how about these ones. Not into birds well how about...... these little cuties. It will be hard deciding which project to make first, but I am sure I will be able to pick one.
Soap making still continues on a daily basis. This is one of our newest soaps, it is Zucchini Flower soap. It really does smell wonderfully fresh and is such a lovely soap to shower with in the morning. Of course I couldn't forget the men in our life so I came up with......Grubby Hubby soap! Yes girls, it is just how you would want your man to smell... incredible!

Just an update on my last post. First of all a big thank you for all the great name suggestions for our wonderful new little kitty. He is now officially going to be called Samson, Sammy for short. He is such a strong, tough little boy that we thought that was the perfect name for him. So welcome little Sammy to our family, we are so lucky that you belong to us now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

10 comments:

Sue said...

That book looks like something I need. Where did you find it?

The soaps are too pretty to use. I like to tuck a nice smelling bar of soap in the drawer with my bed linens. Then as I drift off I can enjoy the wonderful aroma.

annemarie said...

Sammy - what a perfect name. I love your neck warmers and your soap looks good enough to eat. I am afraid I would not want to use such beautiful soap - I'd probably keep it just to look at it!!

Esther said...

those birds are lovely! The soap....I'm sure I can smell it through the 'net!

Ally Jay said...

I would love the book, but then I'd need to resign from my job, find a rich husband and spend the rest of my time making all the wonderful things. Such pretty neck warmers too.

Anonymous said...

The soaps are beautiful !!!! i wear neck warmers nearly all of the time, yours are very very nice ! i love the colors of the second one very much ! Your book is wonderful, I would love to sew those magnificent birds ! Don't play with the yarn Sammy ;) Have a great weekend ! I guess you will be busy :) Hugs

periwinkle said...

great idea for christmas presents -- I've been toying with getting that book but I still can't decide , but from the pages you have shown I'd have to go with the squirrel , love him :-)

Jenn Maruska said...

Ok, once I saw the little forest critter - I am now sold on that book! Thanks for sharing it! : )

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your soap looks amazing Kathy! Love the colours - it looks too good to actually use. I must look out for that book - plenty of inspiration there.

Bettina said...

Have a lovely and perfect weekend!!!

Jenny said...

Kathy, That book! I reeeally think that I need it. I was hooked at the birds. My heart was thumping at the puffins (having just bought the children a book about puffins it's almost essential!) but the little cutie squirrelly things sealed the deal. I think I need that book!