Tuesday, June 1, 2010

90 Minutes


90 minutes was just about the amount of time that we had this holiday weekend that was somewhat dry and just a little sunny. So we grabbed our coats... yes I said coats, as it was still a bit chilly and went out for a walk. We were going just a little loopy from being couped up in the house for so long. It was amazing at how much we saw. First was a Cedar Waxwing........ then...sorry to all you that are a bit squeamish... a Garter Snake soaking in what little sun that we have had. This lovely insect was drying his wings. Isn't he the most wonderful shade of green. A Yellow Warbler... it's nice to see something sunny and yellow up in the sky! Am I sounding like an old grump again?

I know our weather will get better soon and truth be told I would much rather have our rain than 90 degree weather. One of the good things about being stuck indoors is spending lots of time working on my ripple blanket. It really has grown quite a bit in the last few days. I will post an updated pic soon.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hanks so much for popping over to my blog!!
Your photos are amazing, the clarity lets me think I am there with you. Hope the sun shines for you soon and the ripple is rippling along well
Kindest Regards Linda

Anonymous said...

This insect is incredibly beautiful! I don't know if it would be possible for me to take a photo of a snake... so afraid :-) Have a good day! Hugs

hetty said...

Love your photos! We are having sunshine, very hot temps and almost no rain. The soil in my garden is like dust. Good to hear that your ripple is going well. Some days I wish for a cool, rainy day so that I can get some sewing done.

Anonymous said...

What fantastic wildlife and what fantastic photos. You must have a very long lens to take such clear pictures. Sunshine is good but its nice to catch up on crafting and blogging on the rainy days, isn't it?

Janet

annemarie said...

Amazing pictures - sorry the rain put a damper on your Memorial Day. I am looking forward to seeing the ripple blanket progress.

Ally Jay said...

Good to see you out and about and finding lots of lovely things to photo.. It's winter here in NZ and it isn't as much fun as the summer but a lot of knitting does get done in front of the fire.

Handmade in Israel said...

Sorry about the weather, but, oh! Those photos are stunning! Even the snake looks good...