Thursday, September 25, 2008

On the mend


Well my yucky cold is feeling quite a bit better today thanks in part to this lovely tea and some wonderful Oatmeal Raisin cookies that my lovely neighbor Annette made.
Yesterday wasn't a complete wash out, I did some more sewing and knitting, checked on my grapes in the garden, some are sweet but most a still sour, now it is a race against time to see what will come first, frosty weather or ripened grapes. It was 36 degrees here yesterday morning when we woke up so it is definitely getting colder.My lovely Birthday Orchid is blooming once again, I received this orchid a couple of years ago from my neighbor Annette,(don't I have the best neighbor)it only blooms once a year right around my Birthday, for the rest of the year it doesn't do much of anything, but around my Birthday it just springs to life and the blossoms usually lasts for about a couple of months or so, it was, and is one of my favorite gifts.

My goodness it is Thursday already, where has this week gone, I hope you are enjoying it so far.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it your Birthday Today ?
You have a very lovely neighbor !
Lovely grapes. Enough to make a glass of Wine ;) Have a lovely day :)

Esther said...

I am so pleased you are feeling better! The cookies look so tasty :o) My orchid is due to bloom soon too!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. I love your orchid, I had one years ago but lost it, now I longingly gaze at them in shops but can never completely justify treating myself to another.

Terri Fisher said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I agree...what a nice neighbor you have...hard to find these days! Happy Birthday, too, as I assume it's close by! I'm a September baby myself!

Anonymous said...

Kathy....happy to hear you are on the mend!!! i sure hope you get to the grapes before the frost does. you are very lucky to have such a sweet neighbor!!! i'm sure she feels the same about you too!! what a great b-day orchid...i have never had one.... ;)when is your b-day?!?!?!

Jenny said...

When is your birthday? Those grapes look good enough to eat...but the joy of a sweet one is lost pretty quickly when you accidentally choose one of their sour cousins! I guess our warm weather comes at the price of your warm weather. I am loving the change to spring we are having at the moment. A breath of fresh air! Jen

Bethany said...

Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't checking in on you enough last week! I'm glad you're doing better!!! And you do have the nicest neighbor!!! I am probably getting new neighbors soon as the ones on one side are moving in another week or so to a retirement home. I'm praying for someone wonderful ;)