Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just for me!


I had a change of pace last week from sewing "Little Ones". I made something just for me!

Not one, not even two....

...but three lovely tote bags that I can use when I go shopping at the market, and do my part to help our planet and cut down on those plastic bags! I found the pattern for these lovely tote bags through Jenn Maruska's Blog, She had made some and I just fell in love with them. The tote bag pattern is for sale through Ginny's blog iSew.biz at her Etsy store. This has to be one of the easiest and well written patterns that I have ever sewn with. They are a breeze to sew and would make wonderful gifts for Christmas. Both these gals' have lovely Etsy shops so pop on over and take a peek. I have had my eye on a lovely little Hedgehog sewing set over at Jenn's blog for quite some time now.


We did get some much needed tidying done in the garden this weekend, this is the last of our tomatoes, what a crop we had this year despite it not being one of our better summers. Some of them are still quite green but as it has turned quite cold here in the mornings we had to pick all of them or they would have been hurt by the temperatures. We are hoping that they will ripen off at a steady pace and keep us in tomatoes for a while longer yet.

See you all tomorrow!

10 comments:

Esther said...

what lovely bags - I wish I could sew!!! I'm still getting Mum & Dad's tomatoes too- yumm!

wonderwoman said...

gorgeous bags and saving the planet - wow!!
lovely toms, ours are all over now and spent yesterday cleaning out the greenhouse!

xx

Bethany said...

Those tomatoes are so pretty! I'm a little sad that summer is gone and we won't have fresh tomatoes anymore (unless we all build greenhouses.) I love your new bags!! Good for you! ;) You'll look so stylish shopping with them!

Anonymous said...

Lovely bags ! your tomatoes look delicious ! Happy monday Kathy :)

Unknown said...

ooh wow look at all those lovely tomatos!!! Loving the bags - very swish!!!

Jenn Maruska said...

Aren't those bags fun to make?!

Yours turned out lovely! : D

And I really like your tomato photo - beautiful colors.

Terri Fisher said...

What fun little bags! I really wish I could sew...our neighbor was cutting down his last few tomatoes late last week in anticipation of our first heavy frost. He cued me in to hanging the tomatoes on the stalk upside down to get them to continue ripening indoors. I have a few cherry tomatoes doing just that over my washing machine! Next year we want to try our hand at planting a bigger garden--we'll see how we do!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful bags for shopping, mush more stylish than the generic kind you see at the store!!! love them tomatoes....boo hooo that they are gone though!! have a great day!!

annemarie said...

Wonderful bags Kathy - now the secret it to remember to take them with you when you leave the house!! I know I would forget - I would have to leave them in the front seat of the car. Lovely tomatoes - my favorite vegetable - I have read they are actually a fruit - whatever they are, I love them!

iSew said...

Hey! Those totes look great, I love the fabrics you chose too.

Your tomatoes look gorgeous, what a wonderful photo.