Sunday, October 26, 2008

Maddie and friends

Some little friends came to play with Maddie, meet Freya and Isobel, Freya is in the yellow dress and Isobel is in the green and flower print dress. They stayed all afternoon and were most polite.

My cold is most definitely on it's way out, thank goodness, and so far no one else has come down with it, lets hope it stays that way.It is hard to believe that just a few short weeks ago I was sitting on my little bench soaking in the sun while having a cup of tea and doing some knitting. Although it still looks tempting I think that after about fifteen minutes or so I would be pretty cold. It sure does look nice all decked out in the colors off fall, which I can enjoy from my kitchen window. Hubby spent most of the afternoon tidying up and getting the garden ready for winter, but of course he wasn't without his trusty camera, hence this lovely shot of a grape leaf......and this one of our Chardonnay grapes, which actually do taste like Chardonnay wine...go figure!Hmm... if we only knew how to make wine, something else to add to my to do list!

Have a great Monday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must be feeling a bit better to have all those cute visitors?
lisa x

Terri Fisher said...

What lovely little visitors you had! I hope they find good homes. Your autumnal garden is still beautiful!

wonderwoman said...

oh they are sooo cute, i like the little one in the spots! so glad you are feeling better.
its starting to get a lot colder here - here comes winter!!

xx

Handmade in Israel said...

Gorgeous elephants! They look so pretty - as do the leaves in your garden. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jenny said...

Hope that you keep feeling better. Your little ele-fumps are so lovely. I have to say that Freya's my favourite though! She has socks on! Love it. On the other side of the world we're in the middle of blossoms and growing grass. I'm sure my hubby wouldn't be so cheery about the growing grass bit though! Jen

Anonymous said...

Your garden is so lovely Kathy ! You changed the color of your blog ? Didn't you ? I love it like that !
Happy to ear that you feel better ! When I catch a cold myself, usually, I keep it for the month Your little friends are so lovely ! How lucky you are to have such visit :)

hetty said...

Glad you're feeling better. I love Maddie and friends! Very cute!

Jenn Maruska said...

Your backyard looks beautiful.

I love how your little friends are holding hands! : )

Bethany said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! It is looking like autumn there! It has been dark and rainy here for last couple days. I hope your girls find homes! They are so cute!!

Ally Jay said...

Beautiful photos. The girls all look so sweet in their dresses.