Sunday, May 24, 2009

Remember Memorial Day

As the wife of a retired soldier as well as the daughter-in-law of yet another soldier, Memorial Day is special to me. We took time out this weekend to visit the New Tacoma Cemetary where my father-in-law rests. To me, Memorial Day isn't about sales, shopping or celebrating. It's about remembering. It's about being thankful. It's about honoring. It's about not forgetting sacrifices made. Please take a few minutes out of your Memorial Day to remember.

3 comments:

Layla said...

That has to be the most beautiful blog posting I have ever read. I miss my Opa terribly ...

Love you,
Layla

Terri Fisher said...

A hardy "Amen!" to that! My grandfather and husband are veterans, and I am so grateful for what they, and all the other men and women who have served and do serve our country, have given to us. May we never forget!

Sheila said...

Thanks for the gentle reminder. We all need one now and then. I'm a Air Force Mom.