Monday, June 2, 2008

Birds bugs and flowers

It was a chilly 61 degrees here today, but a very good day to be in the garden.

I spotted teeny tiny grapes on my grapevine, they are only the size of a pin head right now, but I have high hopes.

Our little pond was overwhelmed with birds today all wanting a bath, or a drink, or both.


Quite a few flowers are blooming, but I am longing for my roses to wake up, they are my favorite.


This little bee was quite calm as I was taking his photo, he sat very still, it sure made my job easier.


I even spotted a tiny snake taking in the sun, but unfortunately I wasn't fast enough with the camera, maybe next time.

I think that this is my favorite time of the year, the whole garden feels like it's buzzing with activity, it makes for some interesting photo's.

Have a lovely day wherever you are!

8 comments:

Ally Jay said...

Lovely flowers

Anonymous said...

I just love all your garden stories and pics. sounds so lovely to be able to see that just in your own garden. keep the pics coming for those of us not able to have a nice backyard for now. at least i can dream with yours...

annemarie said...

Simply beautiful pictures. I agree with onya - I do not have a backyard like yours so an enjoying yours!!! Thanks.

Twiggy said...

Gorgeous photos.
Twiggy x

Bethany said...

How did you capture the birds splashing in the water? That is wonderful! You have a really great close-up lens! I love your photos!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are just amazing! It is good to see that there is warmth somewhere in the world. It is miserable here! Jen

Anonymous said...

nice flowers.

Arlene,

Lakewood flowers

Lisa and Rocky said...

Oh My!! What beautiful pictures you caught!! The birds look like theyre having the time of their life!!