Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Perfect weather, perfect dinner


When our weather here in Washington turns lovely we never miss the opportunity to have dinner in our garden.
Yesterday was one of those lovely days, and we took advantage.

I had made my homemade spaghetti sauce earlier in the day ( my husbands favorite) so most of the preparations were already finished.

Dessert was easy as we had on hand wonderful strawberries and I am never without chocolate in the house, so put the two together and you have one of my favorite desserts.

We finally dragged ourselves back in the house just as it was starting to get dark, we really didn't want to become dessert for the mosquito's!

Looks like we will be able to do it a lot more, as our weather looks perfect for the next few days.

Summer in Washington does take it's time in coming, but there is nothing better!

Happy Wednesday everybody!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nooo ! I would like to eat some chocolate strawberries !!!!!

But as it is tea time here, I'm having tea AND Cherries very red, very big, very juicy AND from my tree !!!! :)))

annemarie said...

Yummy strawberries - I love them minus the chocolate (yes I am weird). Enjoy your lovely weather - I will trade you!

Bethany said...

Oh that looks so good! We just had some at the Ghiradelli store in Downtown Disney. I've never tried to make them myself!
Thanks again for participating in the show!!!

Terri Fisher said...

Yummy! Those berries look scrumptious! I liked your kokeshi doll in Beth's show...it was fun to see everyone's entries! Enjoy your summery weather!

Anonymous said...

Makes me long for the warmth! We are still very much in the middle of the cold snap around here! Mind you...if I had a garden like yours I might be tempted to don the thermal wear and go out in the garden to eat in spite of the cold! Jen

Anonymous said...

avec du citron et un peu de sucre..............hummmmmmmmmm
Isabelle.

periwinkle said...

chocolate strawberries mmm and speaking of chocolate, lavender chocolate is the strangest taste ever but so yummy its addictive
lisa x